Chronicles of 2 Heroes is an intense 16-bit action platformer with Metroidvania elements, a feudal Japan setting, and a singular mechanic: you can switch in real-time between the two main characters! Both the Samurai and the Kunoichi have unique, surprising combat styles. The Samurai wields a katana and is a perfect war machine, but he lacks the abilities to jump and to attack from distance. On the other hand, the Kunoichi is as fast as fragile and uses ninjutsus and range attacks. You will have to change between playstyles to defeat Amaterasu and her numerous, fearsome minions.
Between 400 and 600 A.D., Amaterasu’s wrath dragged Ancient Japan into a time of wars, famine, and epidemics. Her disciple, Empress Imiko, rule over Japan with an iron fist and imposes terror with her mighty army. All hopes rest on two siblings, Kensei the samurai and Ayame the kunoichi, who will fight their way to bring back peace to the land. Thanks to their abilities and the people that they will meet on their journey, they will get into the imperial capital of Osaka to steal the three sacred treasures, the empress’ source of power.
- Versatile real-time character switch system allowing players to connect different skills and combos.
- Fight against ronin, yokai, and countless enemies heavily inspired by Japanese mythology.
- A skill system with 20 unlockable abilities.
- Collectables and hidden areas urge players to try multiple runs to achieve 100% completion.
- Staggering pixel-art and and exciting 16-bit action developed with Unreal Engine 4.
- Estimated gameplay length between 8-12 hours.
Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Catness Game Studios
- Catness Game Studios is an independent game studio that creates, ported and publishes games. Developers of HIVE: Altenum Wars, The Savior's Gang and Super Korotama. He is currently working on the Hertz project.
- More information
- More information about Catness Game Studios, our logo and related media here.
Abut Infinity Experience
- Infinity Experience is a development studio based in Florence. Our goal as a team is to bring innovation to the market, always trying to keep an eye on the past of the world of video games. We aspire to offer players around the world new experiences thanks to the endless possibilities and creative freedoms offered by this media.
- More information
- More information about Infinity Experience can be found here.
- Our game will be a reality thanks to Kickstarter. More than 600 backers helped the campaign to get funded in less than two days. In the end, our project raised almost 34,000 euros, which is 340% more than the initial goal. This massive support unlocked additional content such as a Boss Rush Mode, a New Game +, and extra pixel-art cutscenes. Furthermore, Chronicles of Heroes' success will allow it to release a superb physical edition on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Chronicles of 2 Heroes Credits
- Samuele Patrissi
- Environment designer and tileset artist
- Niccolò Tarchiani
- Character designer and lead animator
- Filippo Tarchiani
- Game Designer, level designer and programmer
- Eugenio Delcroix
- president of BoD
- Jacopo Tarchiani
- Sound FX and music
- Omar Elsayed
- Junior animator
- Israel Mallén
- PR and marketing